It may have been ten long years, but KOTOR has finally had an update! The update dropped from Steam for PC, Mac and Linux with plenty of new features. Some of these include 37 achievements to be earned, steam cloud saves, and Steam workshop support to have TSLRCM on launch day. The TSLRCM means that it should return the game to its proper form instead of the stitched together version that was released due to time constraints and media pressure.
This update also fixes hundreds of bugs and adds multiple new endings. Aspyr Media, the company who handled the update, hasn’t commented on why they have released an update for a ten year old game, but I for one will not complain. If you don’t hear from me for a while, just know that I have lost myself to the darkside once again.
New features include:
- 37 achievements to be earned through gameplay
- Steam Cloud saves
- Native widescreen resolution support
- Resolution support up to 4K and 5K
- Support for controllers, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3, and Playstation 4, along with several others (check the system requirements for details)
- Steam Workshop support! We proudly worked with the Restored Content Mod Team to have their famous TSLRCM up on launch day
- Oh… and we added a “Force Speed Effects” option in the menu